SALES MANAGER IN JOSHUA TREE, CA (full time)
We are looking for an inspiring, yet motivated sales person to launch our first store in Joshua Tree! We need someone who embodies the free spirit nature of JPB, but is responsible and has a good work ethic. The desert can be very slow, so this person needs to be self-sufficient and creative, while being able to handle crowds during events.
- Open and close the store, including both weekend days.
- Create a welcoming and memorable shopping experience.
- Build relationships with customers and manage specific requests and interests.
- Wear merchandise in store, while being cautious of spills and snagging.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing daily, weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits, etc.
- Manage customer needs or special orders inline with web stock.
- Manage store inventory.
- Manage and train staff as hired.
- Meet sales goals by motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store staff.
- Develop business strategies to raise our reach new customers, expand store traffic and optimize profitability.
- Manage all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances, etc).
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising.
- Change and dress mannequins weekly.
- Keep up store social media channels to promote sales (showcasing new arrivals, daily outfits, bestsellers, etc).
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Manage store cleaners.
- Manage store supplies and run store errands (purchase store supplies as needed, ship phone orders or special orders as needed, etc).
- Close out and balance cash drawer at end of day.
- Write daily reports of sales, store traffic and observations at end of day.
- Deposit cash drop weekly.
- Organize sales, store promotions and events.
- Assist with website content, product upload, and customer service.
- Additional store manager duties as needed.
- Positive and driven individual
- Proactive & responsible - looking for someone who can think critically
- Experience in retail or sales
- Experience with handling cash and daily reports
- Business orientated and self-motivated
- Customer management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JensPirateBooty.com. Be sure to include your name and job title in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you!
- Lives locally
- Can legally work in USA
- Able to commute to store as needed
- Access to running store errands
- Able to work 5 days a week
- Able to work weekends (initial days of operation Thursdays-Mondays)
- Flexible with schedule and hours of operation
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a sometimes hectic work environment